My Blog List

Followers

Search

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Cardinals WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darren and I are Braves fans so, a Cardinals win would not normally be reason to celebrate but this win is different.  This win was for our friend Corey.  Corey worked with Darren at BSI and in April while at home for a week off while the rest of the crew was in Martinsville, Corey died in a motorcycle accident.  He was a husband, father, son, brother, friend and fanatic Cardinals fan.

Corey Twait
1971-2011


This week we are back in Martinsville and the World Series concluded last night in game 7 with a Cardinals win.  The connection wasn't lost on anyone however I cannot say it any better than Darren did when he sent out the following email.  We miss you Corey!  Go Cardinals!!!!


To all of you who knew Corey:
You may or may not know that he was a devout St. Louis Cardinal fan. And, you may or may not believe in God.  However, it was in Martinsville that we got the horrible news of his death. And now with his favorite team winning the World Series, God has given us a reason to smile in the same place, Martinsville.

I ask you each to take a moment to pray for Corey's family. And, take this as a true sign that there is a God that loves each one of us.

If I sent this to you then it means I care about you and pray for you to have a closer relationship with God. We may not always understand the things that happen all around us or even to us, but faith is how we are able to endure. With out faith, Corey would not be celebrating the Cardinals victory. He wouldn't be able to if the afterlife didn't exist. So, I hold tight to the belief that there is a God and he probably had to tell Corey to hold it down a few times during the Cardinals unbelievable come from behind season and playoffs, especially game six when they were all but done twice in back to back innings.  They had overcome unbelievable setbacks several times but I never thought they were done. I knew that Corey had sweet talked God into a Cardinal victory in his calm collective way. He can only be gone if we forget him, so please remember him this weekend and his family and yell out: "How 'bout those Cards, C Twizzle?"

Your friend in Christ,
Darren

No comments: